I ran out of Cream of Tartar and used vinegar instead. I think my folding technique was better overall, I probably still didn't mix it enough.
The flavor spot on which was a bummer after I made some great chocolate Ganache.
I am holding off more experiments until I get more confectioners sugar and cream of tartar. I didn't like that I had to use vinegar mainly because it changes my process and it's hard to find patterns when there are lots of variables.
Still, I really shouldn't call this a complete failure. I really shouldn't even call it a failure. I got really lucky the first time which was great for my morale. With this batch not turning out as good as the first, it has shown me what not to do. And that is not a failure.